Vegetable Spring Rolls:
Looking for easy to make tasty Spring Rolls recipe? Try
this quick recipe to make authentic Asian appetizer at your home.
I have made a simple vegetable stir fry filling for this spring roll.! It purely depends on your choice of colorful veggies.
This classic dish is a favorite of everyone, children in particular. Brimming with lots of flavor and healthy vegetables, these spring rolls make a great starter / appetizer for any party.
Here goes the crispy, crunchy Spring Rolls recipe to
prepare much fresher and tastier rolls at your home..:)
· Spring Roll Wrappers / Pastry Sheets - 10 ( you can get frozen spring roll wrappers from Asian supermarkets )
· White cabbage shredded - 2 cups
· Carrot chopped - 2 cups
· Capsicum thinly sliced - 1 cup
· Onion slices - 1 cup
· Coriander chopped - ½ cup
· ( also finely sliced red pepper, yellow pepper, spring onions, bamboo shoots, celery, beans, bean sprouts can be used )
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
· Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ to 1 tsp
· All purpose flour / maida paste -2 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to deep fry
the frozen pastry sheets in room temperature for 1 to 2 hours at room
temperature before using. Once the pastry sheets are separable, wrap
them in a wet kitchen cloth to prevent them from getting dry.
2. Chop finely cabbage, carrot, capsicum, beans,
green onion, celery, yellow onion and any colourful veg of your choice to thin lengthwise pieces.
3. Heat oil in a frypan / wok.
4. Add all the chopped veggies, salt and saute
in high flame for 2 mins.
5. Now simmer the flame and let it cook covered
for 3 to 4 mins. ( since we need veggies to remain crunchy, no need to add
6. Once the veggies are done, add tomato
ketchup, soya sauce and pepper pwd. ( can also add oyster sauce for extra flavor)
7. Give a quick stir and remove from flame.
8. Place it in a bowl to let it cool.
9. Now the spring roll filling is ready.
10. Take all purpose flour in a small bowl.
11. Add little warm water and mix it to fine paste. (this is to seal the edges of spring roll)
12. Also beaten egg can be used for sealing edges.
13. Take one pastry sheet / wrapper at a time.